Saturday, October 4, 2008

10/4/08

Keep betting the line away from the Irish, you bunch of gambling degenerates. The only time this year that the line went the other way, Michigan State won the game.

I woke up a little later than I planned this morning. I got to Pocahontas before game time though. So I dropped off my truck at the yard and walked over to the motel next door. No vacancy? You've got to be shitting me. The other motel across the street had a room for me though. So I write to you this evening from the Corleone family's Illinois Estate.

Eighteen (undisclosed) beverages on ice, the Irish on TV this afternoon, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on TV now, more football on later, and a cozy bed from which to watch the action... life could be a whole lot worse.

I'll have right around 500 miles to drive tomorrow. I'm just going to drive to the industrial park where the consignee is located and look for somewhere to spend the night. I haven't decided whether or not to head home for a few days this month, so we'll just play it by ear. I have to be home by the beginning of November. Tickets to the Pitt game at Notre Dame on the 1st, election day on the 4th, and tickets to the BC game in Boston on the 8th. This means that I'll have to make the call pretty soon.

This OTR math can get complicated. 11/1/08 minus the five days of lead time to get home would be 10/27/08. Assuming that I took three days at home, this would take us back to 10/24/08. The ten days that I have to be on the road between trips home would back us up to 10/14/08. And then five days to get home from wherever I put in my request would be 10/9/08. So I guess I can grab at least one more load before I have to make the call.

UPATE (8:40pm ET): It probably makes me a vindictive prick, but I do sincerely enjoy watching Ty Willingham get his candy ass kicked. I'm just afraid he'll get fired before the lads roll into Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.