Thursday, October 2, 2008

10/2/08

I was dreaming away as usual this afternoon. I think this time I was debating the merits of various political paradigms with Lindsay Lohan or something like that. Then my phone rang and woke me. Apparently the folks in Joplin had sent me a load assignment, but my truck was off and the Qualcomm thing had powered down. Since I hadn't responded, they gave me a call. I needed to be at my next shipper in 30 minutes... but it was only ten miles away.

The drive to the shipper turned out to be twenty miles and it took the full half hour. No harm, no foul. My directions said that Gate 2 was my entrance. Of course, you couldn't see the tiny little words on the signs from the street. I turned in at Gate 3. I found my way over to Gate 2 and checked with the security guard. Turns out I had to go back over by Gate 3, where I had entered in the first place. No harm, no foul.

It took a couple of hours for me to get loaded and rolling, after which I was once again headed across the Thruway. I was becoming accustomed to a steady string of 18-20,000 pound loads, but this one is a heavy mofo. A few days in the slow lane appear to be in store for me. I have a Monday morning delivery in Kansas, so this week will work out just fine. 2,633 miles plus $40+ in northeast pay... steady as she goes.

Another scheduled workout and another rainy night. Yep, it's a conspiracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.