Friday, October 3, 2008

10/3/08

These peckerheads have been sending more inane messages than usual over the damn satellite in recent weeks and it's getting annoying. This morning I woke up to a message asking us not to use the phone unless it was necessary, on account of my fleet manager being gone today. Seriously.

After I tried to get back to sleep for a while and realized that I was out of luck, I got rolling. I knocked out a pretty easy 500 miles to the T/A in Eaton, Ohio. From here I have two days that won't be too long in order to get to Southern Kansas by Sunday night. I'm thinking I'll cross Indiana and Illinois tomorrow and then set up to watch some football. That will leave me somewhere under 500 miles for Sunday. The hockey game plans for next week fell through, so I might be in the mood to spend a few bucks on a hotel tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. The lads opened at -7, went up to -7.5, and recently dropped to -6.5. In this season's ongoing story of my contrarian views, we know that this is a good sign. I'm pretty sure that the movement has been in the wrong direction for every game so far. Prepare for the Fighting Irish to win this one going away.

I actually enjoyed a political debate for a change last night. As seems to be the pattern since 2000, the VP nominees did a much better job than the top guys did. Cheney/Lieberman was better than Bush/Gore. Cheney/Edwards was better than Bush/Kerry. Barracuda/Biden has been the highlight this year so far. Facts and exaggerations were interchangeable of course, but I think my favorite stretch was Biden suggesting that we should stop by a restaurant that he visits in Wilmington. So what if it closed 15 years ago? His story sounded legit at the time. Friend of the working man and whatnot.

Finally got some dry weather...
[Workout A]
Incline Press - Same weights & reps
French Press - Added five pounds to each set, lost three reps
Side Lateral - Same weights, lost one rep
Seated Calf Raise - Added five reps

2 comments:

  1. Barracuda? Did I read that right my man? That sweet young lady need not have that moniker attached to her like all the others. And what's with this working out garbage? Dude, your a truck driver. Quit showering, grab a buffet, and for gawdsakes, get some mustard and/or bbq sauce on that old CFI T-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, did you vote for the electric car? I thought for sure that one would go 0-fer.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.