Tuesday, September 30, 2008

9/30/08

Ahhh, 3am... that's early. The ConWay people had my trailer loaded and ready to go by the time I checked in, so that was nice. Leaving Tomah at 3:30am provides a nice little side benefit though. You get to hit Chicago during the morning rush.

Wh-wha-what!?! I took I-290 over to I-294 and went across on I-80. No delays. None. Stunning. Then it was a nice cruise controlled ride across the turnpikes to my relay point in Ohio. Just before I reached Indiana, I received my next planned load information. I'll be leaving from here tomorrow afternoon and taking the back half of the same relay to Albany. One might say that a pattern seems to be emerging.

That will be another 550 miles for tomorrow, plus some northeast pay. Plus I'll be away from I-80 in Pennsylvania. I was told a few days ago that I-80 makes for a long day crossing that state. Although I haven't done so recently, my memory seems to concur. The stop location information says that I can't park at the ConWay yard tomorrow night (one big happy company my ass), but that there is a vacant lot nearby. We'll just hope for the best.

For now, my computer's battery is about to die and I seem to have fried my little inverter. So that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.