Sunday, October 5, 2008

10/5/08

Although I felt 1,000% better than I did last Sunday morning, I didn't really want to get out of bed today. Eventually I did. Then I didn't really want to get out of the shower. Eventually I did. Then I didn't really want to get back in my truck. Eventually I did.

As soon as I turned the key and powered everything up, my satellite unit beeped and alerted me to a message. Pre-plan, sweet. Once I drop off in the morning, I'll be picking up in the same town and heading for Texas. That will provide 365 miles for Monday. Since recent weeks have involved zero miles for Monday and still wound up in decent shape, I expect a pretty good week this time around.

The drive across Missouri with a 45,000 pound load is definitely a test of patience. Traffic wasn't terribly heavy but it was steady enough to keep me on my toes. When I got to the industrial park in which the customer is located, I was disappointed to see that it was a shitty little area with skinny streets. I found some kind of drop lot down at the end of one of the roads, so I guess this is home for the night.

The lads under the golden dome are unranked for the first time in history when they are at least 4-1. Good. They're also seven point underdogs to a team that was 4-8 last year, while the Irish finished 3-9. Good. Now if only the gamblers can get it up to an eight point spread, I do believe we can get us a victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.