Saturday, October 11, 2008

10/11/08

Ahh, nice two hour workday today. I slept next to one of those damn trucks with the optimized idle thing last night. Obnoxious. Every twenty minutes or so, it would beep and start up the engine. Then the engine would rev way up for a few minutes. Then it would shut down. I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is. So by the time I got up to Carlisle I decided to pack it in. I write to you this afternoon from the Corleone family's Arkansas estate.

To get everyone prepared, I'll quote a guy from one of the Notre Dame message boards, who was quoting the guy from Pulp Fiction, who was quoting Ezekiel 25:17. The guy in the movie got the quote a little wrong, but the correct version is, "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them." Tough to argue with that when we have Our Lady looking out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.