Friday, October 10, 2008

10/10/08

Do they really call it the Red River Rivalry now instead of the Red River Shootout? That's lame.

So, I guess today was just a whole lot of driving. Not much else. I saw that I was going to hit Fort Worth right at rush hour so I ducked off for a break on the west side of town. I knocked out a quick workout and then logged on to my computer for a bit. After taking a look at my IRA, I threw up in my mouth a little bit. Then I felt better after a nap. Buying opportunities do abound these days, if you're into that sort of thing.

My hunch was that I should be able to roll through Fort Worth and Dallas at a pretty decent speed if I waited until the football games were going on. My hunch turned out to be correct. I took I-30 straight through and didn't face any delays. Those people do love their football down there. I remember my Peewee games (in 1985) drawing better crowds than the high school games do in Michigan. Anyhow, no traffic tonight in Texas.

I rolled up to Gurdon and stopped for the night. 675 miles is always a solid day of work. I guess I'll bounce up past Little Rock tomorrow morning and then look for a place to cool my heels and watch some football. Bad news for all the Notre Dame haters out there. The line has moved a point and a half toward North Carolina this week. The gamblers have been wrong every time this year. Go Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.