Saturday, December 15, 2007

12/15/07

Dear Southwest,

I know our relationship hasn't always been the greatest. I know I've called you "useless" and a "Godforsaken wasteland." It wasn't me talking. It was the fact that my mother never loved me. I know I thought your drab red and brown landscape was ugly. Really I just need to learn to appreciate your lack of beauty. I know I prefer places that seem a little more civilized, but I need to learn to appreciate the things about you that say "no man belongs here."

So what do you say, Southwest? When I go back to work in a few days, do you think maybe we ought to give this thing another try? Michigan is freaking cold.

I made the overnight run up here and dropped my loaded trailer at the terminal, then proceeded to come home and drink heartily until I fell asleep. Ahhh, that's better. Pizza's on the way, the day has just begun, the snow doesn't look too heavy, and there's more beer in the fridge. Sometimes it's the little things, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.