Wednesday, December 12, 2007

12/12/07

Well, I got a little over 600 miles in today. Depending on the weather in Oklahoma and Missouri tomorrow, this timeline might need some adjusting. Looking at my log book, I'm going to run out of hours on the 14th. Then, when midnight of the 15th rolls around, I'll be legal again. So I'll be, according to the dispatch, due in Taylor three hours later. According to PC Miler, that will be right on the edge of workability. As long as there are no major slowdowns, I think I can pull it off.

I was noticing that my truck has been burning oil a little faster than usual lately. That's usually a sign that it's due for a PM service. The shop sent a message this morning - "Truck due for service." Damn I'm good. Or I guess it could be bad, since I don't really keep track of the miles in-between. I probably should pay more attention. So I stopped at a T/A and got that done. I also had a bad light on this trailer that I picked up. And they threw in some steering fluid. That should hold me over until I get to the dealership in Michigan.

Some days just seem easier than others. Today went really smoothly. Even I-25, which has to be one of my least favorite highways, was pretty mellow today. I was rolling along and looked up to see "Welcome to Texas" and thought damn, that was quick. It was only nine and a half hours of driving, but due to the log book issue there was no need to go eleven today. I'll spread out the hours that I have left so hopefully I can maintain some sense of balance without sitting for twenty hours on the 14th.

I guess it's time to watch Transformers. A friend of mine says it's pretty good, so I had better not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.