Tuesday, December 11, 2007

12/11/07

I think it's more tiring to sit around and wait for work than it is to work. I didn't sleep very well last night either (big surprise), so I guess that doesn't help. I got rid of my loaded trailer this morning and went on the board. I didn't check my number right away, but a couple of hours later I was #10. So I sat and waited, all day.

A little after 4pm I got my assignment. I was heading over to the yard I used on my first trip to Nogales. From there I was heading home, at least temporarily. I never really know for sure whether or not they're going to send me into Canada, but I don't have any pressing issues this time around so I get home when I get there.

They didn't fuck around with this dispatch, scheduling me into Taylor at 3am on the 15th. Why 3am, seriously? I hate how they do that. This load was shipped in June. Now suddenly I have to use exactly the available hours to get to Taylor and have them tell me to come back in the morning for my customs paperwork? Annoying. This is another of those situations where I could probably call and whine about it and they would move the time back, but we'll see how the next couple of days go. I only went three hours out of Nogales this evening before I had had enough, so I have some tough running ahead of me. No more flexibility like I had on the last trip. My breaks will have to stay at ten hours and I'll have to stay focused.

I'll get home on the 14th or the wee hours of the 15th, and this kicks my miles over 5,900 so that's good. The fact that I'll get home loaded is always helpful. Whenever I get home I'll run the truck over to Kenworth and get it fixed up. Then I'll have a fresh log book, ready to run hard through the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. For getting some shut eye, you should give malitonin a try. It is supposed to be all natural, found in turkey, and works quite well. Just thought I would put that out there. Greta blog, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the feedback. I'll keep that in mind.

    I haven't slept worth a damn since I was a kid. I don't really know what's legal to have on the road and what's not, so I won't get into specifics, but I think I'll get some sleep tonight.

    Thanks again for the feedback. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.