Thursday, November 4, 2010

11/4/10

Well, shit.  I simply don't know.  Things are supposed to get better with time, right?  I slept all morning and much of the afternoon.  That was nice.  I took it easy all day.  That should be helpful, but I wasn't feeling like a million bucks.  Still though, it was good to relax for a while.  It seems that the days have been far too short lately.

I went to see my old buddy in the hospital for a while.  He can lift his left arm and move his left leg now, so apparently the rehab process is going well.  The doctors still don't seem to know what exactly has been causing the trouble, but ole Mr. Pedro is getting better by the day.  Or so I'm told.

Then I went out to dinner with Mr. Pedro's son - the reverand, and my unfortunate lodger - the non-reverand.  Neither of those candyasses was willing to pick a restaurant, so I decided that we were going to Vito's.  (Blog address unrelated.)  When I was a kid, Vito's was the go-to place in Lincoln Park after any kind of event.  Then Vito sold the place and went back to Italy, but the pizza was still awesome.  Then Vito came back from Italy and bought Roma's, leaving Vito's as a competitor to Vito, but that's another story.

So anyhow, Vito's has a bit of nostalgic value for those of us from the LP.  I went there many years ago with an ex-girlfriend and found that I didn't like what the new owners had done with the place.  Now someone else owns the joint, so I was curious to see how the pizza would measure up.  It was pretty good, all things considered, but it was no Vito's pizza.  Bummer.

After a few hours back home, spent mainly reading through news headlines and such, it was time to head to the damned gym.  Off we go...

I waste a lot of time.  Since I have a pretty pitiful social life and I have no responsibilities to anyone, I can afford to waste as much time as I like.  The weird thing is that it really bugs me to waste time unintentionally.  I drove all the way out to Novi.  I changed into my workout clothes.  I headed upstairs.  I did a quick cardio warmup.  I grabbed a barbell... and... fuck!

I set down the barbell.  I limped downstairs.  I changed out of my workout clothes.  I drove all the way home from Novi.  What a waste of time.  And now I feel even worse than I did before.  I just can't figure this shit out.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow will bring a better outcome.  I do have two loads again, which seems to be the case somewhat consistently nowadays, but they shouldn't be too tough.  Three stops in the Flint area and then another two in Toledo.  Maybe, assuming that I can walk upright after work, I'll get to tonight's scheduled workout, just a day late and so forth.  We'll see how it goes.

Now, for the second time in recent memory, I must drink.  The beers didn't really alleviate the pain last night but, as a good Irish lad, I'm confident that they'll work a little better this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.