Wednesday, November 3, 2010

11/3/10

You know what I did tonight?  I took my first step on the road to 2012.  I bought 96 incandescent light bulbs and put them in my storage room.  (Admit it.  You thought I was making some sort of political reference there.  Wait, I kinda was... Nevermind.)   I figure I'll stockpile a few boxes of those suckers every now and then.  This way I'll be able to run some kind of black market operation when you can no longer buy a regular 20-cent light bulb in the 'Land of the Free.'  My unfortunate lodger mentioned a couple of days ago that "we" needed light bulbs and toilet paper.  By "we," of course, we're talking about me.  I'm the guy with the job and the income, after all.

Once I wrapped up a tedious but largely uneventful four-stop milk run tonight, I stopped at Meijer to do a little shopping.  You may or may not be aware of this, but I don't enjoy shopping.  So I tossed one of those gigantic 2,000,000-roll packages of toilet paper in my cart.  Won't be buying that stuff again for a while.  Next came the light bulbs.  It was $2.39 for a 12-pack.  Sweet.  I grabbed all eight packs that were on the shelf.  I'll do it again sometime too.  You can count on that much.

Aside from TP and bulbs, I just needed a few odds and ends to finish off my shopping list.  Bottle of vitamins, pack of beef jerky, etc.  I got everything into my car and headed home.  As I was driving down I-275, I started to wonder - How many of these cheap bulbs can I store before the feds take over that aspect of my life in a couple of years?  A few thousand, I think.  I'm gonna shoot for a few thousand.

Given the way things have gone lately, in terms of these damned 24-hour days proving to be too short, it was nice to have a fairly short day of work.  I didn't start until 3:30pm and I was done by 10:30pm.  In addition, today was a scheduled day off from that Godforsaken gym.  My weary body was grateful.

So... off early... no gym tonight... no need to get up tomorrow morning... yeah, I'm drinking tonight.  I would have thought, back when I transitioned to local work, that I would be having beers on a frequent basis.  This hasn't been the case.  Not even close.  The drinking occasions seem to be few and far between since I started lifting again.  Even before that though, I just found that I wasn't often in the mood.  I'm gonna have to work on that.  Until then, let's just hope for a pain-free night with tasty refreshment.  We're well on the way there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.