Tuesday, November 2, 2010

11/2/10

♫ Runnin low...
Runnin' on empty
Runnin low...
Runnin' blind
Runnin' low...
Runnin' into the sun but I'm running behind ♫

I don't know man.  I seem to get about as much rest as I always have.  Work has been busier lately, but nothing terribly extreme.  The gym workouts are pretty intense, but I've skipped an extra day here and there since, well, you know what.  I'm not sure that there's any simple explanation.  I'm just plain worn out.  Not necessarily physically tired, but worn out just the same.  I don't even care if this makes any sense.  I'm too worn out to try to explain it any further.

I recall, back before I was worn out, sitting in my dorm's TV lounge in November of 1994.  I have never been much of a TV watcher, but I always have been something of a political junkie.  The more opinionated cable news phenomenon didn't exist back then, so I was just following election results on one of the networks.  Gingrich and his crew swept into power by gaining 54 seats that night.  My core principles haven't changed since I was a little kid, but I would have to say that my issue-by-issue views have become quite a bit more refined since that year.  Back then I just knew that I thought Bill Clinton was a douchesquirt, so I rather enjoyed watching him rebuked by the American voters.

I had my FloTV in my car tonight, so I flipped it on and checked out some of the coverage before my workout.  Now that my viewpoint has had several years of development, this shit isn't all that exciting or inspiring anymore.  If these Republican characters do what they said they will do, the voters will toss them out before long.  Reduce the deficit, eh?  "Keep the government out of my Medicare!"  Morons.  The Democrats pretty much did what Obama said they would do, after all, and look how that went.  Maybe hopenchange was actually just a catchy slogan or something.  Or perhaps when people got all fired up about all this awesome free shit that was gonna happen, they should have taken out a calculator and done the math.  I don't know man.  Maybe I'm just worn out.

Dingell won again though.  I guess this is pretty exciting news.  My union sent me a letter telling me to vote for him, so I'm sure this means he really knows what it's like to be a working fella in Michigan.  I mean, he only went to Washington 55 years ago.  That's practically yesterday.

Speaking of yesterday... or something... I think it's tomorrow already.  Two long milk runs, some election watching, and a long workout will sure as hell burn through some hours.  Better get a little sleep.  Only one run tomorrow thus far, but I have other stuff to do beforehand.  I'm worn out man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.