Saturday, March 28, 2009

3/28/09

Yeah, I'm pretty dumb. I don't know exactly how many times I've been to the Lancaster terminal. I would imagine it's more than twenty. So this morning, as I left to start my day, I promptly forgot to make the quick left onto the access road that would take me back to the freeway. The little residential street ahead of me appeared to have some kind of construction on it. Nice. No big deal in the end though. I was able to hang a left into some other trucking company's driveway and spin back around. No harm, no foul.

It sounds like I've managed to stay about a day behind the bad weather crossing the country, so that's pretty groovy. And I got the nice and spacious handicapped shower at the Pilot in Sulphur Springs. Small victories, as I like to say. Small victories. We always have to find the positive news to counter the knowledge that watching your football team lose a big game might actually kill you.

It was a pretty straightforward seven-hour kind of day, taking me from Lancaster to West Memphis, so it seems that there isn't a whole lot else to talk about. My week wraps up with 3,001 miles to back up last week's 3,498. I could use a couple more decent weeks ahead of next month's trip home. So far, so good.

2 comments:

  1. Joe,

    I've been reading your blog for awhile, and would like to pick your brain (about ctl) next time you head into XDP, my treat. If your swinging by soon, please let me know.

    thx. your buddy at the x-dock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brain is widely considered to be a dangerous dangerous thing. But sure, it's always good to step out of the truck for a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.