Thursday, March 26, 2009

3/26/09

Well, I don't have that guy's job. So I have that going for me... which is nice. My job today was essentially to sit around and find ways to kill time. My drive into El Paso was rather uneventful and the unloading didn't take too long. Then I headed over to our yard to wait... and wait... and wait. I was #10 this morning. It only took a few hours to make my way up to #4. Then it took the rest of the night to get up to #1.

The only highlight of the day was some sort of fire that happened somewhere behind our drop yard. I'm not sure exactly what was going on back there. A bunch of black smoke was billowing into the sky and emergency vehicles have been coming and going for several hours. On second thought, I guess that really wasn't much of a highlight. It has been a long and boring day so I'm reaching just a little. Hey, hang on a second. The chick at the SubWay down the street did make me a hell of an Italian BMT with double meat. That was a legitimate highlight.

I also got an assignment a few minutes ago that will put a happier finish on this installment of Tales from the Road. I'm picking up a load in the morning and heading for Ohio. When you somehow manage to pull together a 3,000 mile week and you're not really sure how it happened, you don't complain.

And baseball season starts a week from tomorrow.

And my safety bonus will be on tomorrow's check.

Oh hell, I guess today wasn't so bad after all.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pic of Golfhobo, Joe.....
    A versatile bloke. Isn't he?

    Stay safe,
    Barzini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well played, sir. Well played.

    Perhaps you've stumbled onto the real explanation for that fifth line in his logbook.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.