Monday, March 23, 2009

3/23/09

What I'm about to tell you was originally going to be a closely guarded secret. I don't have a favorite fishing hole or a lucky slot machine to guard, so I was inclined to make sure that I didn't spill the beans on this little gem. I had an attack of conscience though, so here you go. Flying J has Jack Link's chicken fajita tender strips for $2.99 a bag. The public has a right to know. Who says economic recessions are all bad? Those suckers were $6.99 last year.

That discovery was made after I hung around the consignee for a while and then decided to head over and use the restroom, drop off my Trip Pak, grab some grub, shower, and so forth. I was on the board in Salt Lake City until this afternoon, when I received an assignment to pick up tomorrow in Idaho and head for El Paso. In a nice twist, going north brought warmer weather and going into the mountains brought an end to the snow. Beauty.

Home for the night is yet another Flying J, this time in Twin Falls. I have to pick up at 2pm tomorrow, around ten miles from here. The bulk of this trip looks like it will take me down some U.S. highways so hopefully there won't be more snow in my immediate future. The load instructions indicate that it will be a heavy mofo. The mountains will be enough of a pain in the ass without my having to deal with slick spots.

I'll deliver in El Paso on Thursday morning, meaning that this week will be off to one of the slower starts that I've had lately. Today's deadhead was 225 miles and the loaded run is a little over 1,100. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday will still hold the possibility for a decent week though, so we won't get too far ahead of ourselves.

5 comments:

  1. I told you that you would say something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First want to say hi Joe. Glad to see you are doing well. Still looking forward to your next time down Phx way. Definitely get a kick out of your input to our current political economical situation.

    Second want to say hi to "Worldisnotenough" I've missed reading your comments over on the CFI/Conway board. Hope you and Money Penny are doing well.

    Joe any word on when the board will be back up.

    J.T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing my best to stay as uninformed as possible about our current political and economic situation. My hometown is dying and the approach that took it there is being adopted nationwide. I would prefer to pretend that I don't see it happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard anything lately about that message board. Probably running into a few gremlins with the changeover, I would guess.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.