Friday, March 27, 2009

3/27/09

Good news for those of us who may have been wondering if I caused the banking crisis. My eyes are green. I guess SeƱor Lula wasn't talking about me.

Today brought some of that good old hard driving across wide open spaces. My pickup was quick and easy and then I was eastbound and down, loaded up and trucking. This load is around 20,000 pounds, so I had a little bit of stability against the whipping winds. I still got rocked around quite a bit for most of the drive. I was able to get to our terminal in Lancaster within eleven hours so the rest of my trip will set up nicely. I can sleep with no alarm clock tonight and roll into West Menphis tomorrow. Then I can cross Kentucky and get somewhere close to my consignee on Sunday. Good deal.

So, somehow I suspect that Senator Grassley heard about my passing reference to his remarks about honor and suicide among the corporate class in this country. Since he must have found out that I enjoy a good chuckle, he decided to change course and bless me with this little gem. A decent effort for someone with the brain of a politician, I guess. Little did he know, however, I would be far more amused by the fact that Senator Conrad would completely miss the fact that he was the butt of a juvenile joke.

With simpletons like this in charge, it's a relief to see that they got back to the important business facing the nation. Buffoonery knows no party, my friends. There's plenty to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.