Wednesday, March 25, 2009

3/25/09

I can't say that I've ever tried to think of the elements that are required in order to produce maximum frustration. Let's see if we can do that now. (1) A two-lane highway. (2) Motorists who can't figure out how fast they want to go, but generally go a few miles per hour below the 65mph speed limit. (3) A truck governed at 65mph and a heavily loaded trailer. (4) A steady stream of oncoming traffic and the only passing lanes being placed on steep climbs. Yeah, that about sums up my morning - stuck behind those peckerheads and slowed by the hills every time it looked like I might get around. Rolling across scales in every freaking state didn't make it any better, while we're on the topic of frustration.

Anywho... the traffic shook out fairly well once I got onto the interstates. Good enough. I decided to stop in Vado, New Mexico for the night instead of driving into El Paso. About the only guaranteed parking space in El Paso at night would be at our drop yard. Then, by the time I doubled back to the delivery point, I would have gone twenty miles out of the way for no reason. I'll just knock out the last forty miles in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.