Tuesday, March 24, 2009

3/24/09

I guess I probably took a pretty scenic route today. I really don’t know. By the time I headed east out of the Provo area on US-6, it was snowing pretty steadily. There wasn’t any accumulation on the roads but I couldn’t see much of the canyons and such. Then by the time I dropped down onto US-191 through Moab it was too dark to see anything other than the high beams from oncoming dipshits. It probably goes without saying that both my truck and I worked plenty hard on this trip. Lots of climbs, descents, tight curves, and all that goes with them.

I got down to Monticello tonight before deciding to pack it in and get some rest. I found something akin to a parking spot at a little truck stop. As long as some of the other trucks move before I am ready to leave, I should be able to get out of here. It looks like I’ll be able to make El Paso in one shot from here. Good enough.

4 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty drive in nice weather. I've done it a few times. You ought to try it sometime. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe with less than 45,500 in the wagon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like my first trip through the gorge in Oregon last week dark thirty both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gorge in Oregon is a nice one, since you can use the cruise control for the most part while the faster traffic passes on the left.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.