Friday, November 28, 2008

11/28/08

Well, we're back in the saddle and moseying along again. I hung around until this afternoon and then, having only moved up to #6, decided to take a nap. Once I was drifting into oblivion, I got beeped. Story of life.

There were quite a few choices available but it really came down to two options for me. One was just under a thousand miles with a Monday delivery and the other was 1,300 miles with a Tuesday delivery in Kentucky. The calculation in this case is whether or not to assume that I would get more than 300 miles after I delivered on Monday. I chose not to make that assumption and took the 1,300 mile run. You know, bird in the hand and whatnot. This gives me a few easy days of work over the weekend and wraps up my pay week with 2,531 miles. My $60 for Thanksgiving will definitely be on there as well. I sent in my layover request for having been on the board for over 48 hours, but never got a message saying that it had been paid. I guess we'll have to see about that one.

I stopped for a late lunch in Pearsall and got my mind right for the rest of the trip up Satan's Driveway. Then it was full speed ahead into the gauntlet. San Antonio and Austin brought the trucking version of hand-to-hand combat as always. Since the left lane is off limits though, it's like fighting with one hand tied behind my back. I got through there in decent shape and took another break on the north side of Austin before heading on into Lancaster.

So I find myself this evening at the glamorous terminal in lovely Lancaster, Texas. I guess I'll go to West Memphis tomorrow and scout for a location to watch the game. Do I think the lads will get their asses kicked? Probably. Do I think that a coaching change might be in store after a thorough ass-kicking, throwing the program into turmoil once again? Possibly. Am I somewhat expecting Mr. Weis and company to surprise more than a few of us? To quote the fine (and I do mean fine) governor from Alaska - "You betcha!"

3 comments:

  1. Your blog really captures the highs and lows of the job you do. Keep up the good work.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have problem My daughter started playing ice hockey and she cheers for the Wings and I cheer for the Canucks what is a Dad to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean, thanks for the feedback on the blog. When people think I'm high, I say, "That's just low." So I think I know what you mean.

    To my comrade from north of the border, I want you to listen closely. There is no shame in becoming a Red Wings fan in order to help your daughter's self-esteem. I took a psychology class once when I was in college. This makes me something of an expert.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.