Thursday, November 27, 2008

11/27/08

And I sit... I guess this really shouldn't come as a surprise. I had a feeling that today would be no good if I didn't manage to get out of Laredo yesterday. Since we're supposed to be thankful today though, I'm thankful that I'm not a Lions fan. Wow. That was ugly.

I headed down into town to have some dinner earlier. As one would expect on a holiday, most of the restaurants were closed. Buffalo Wild Wings was open so I got a nice meal and watched football for a while. Our company Thanksgiving dinner reimbursement is up to fifteen dollars this year. My meal and appetizer came to just over fifteen bucks, so that worked out pretty well.

Then back to the yard. My number has steadily crept up all day, but it looks like I've stalled out at #7. Late tonight I'll go past 48 hours on the board. That will be worth sixty bucks. Plus my holiday pay will be worth another sixty bucks. I have a little over 1,200 miles in the bank so far. As long as the weekend can get me another thousand miles or so, I won't really have any reason to complain.

Hey, a bet on Notre Dame to win is paying $23.50 on Saturday! Miracle, anyone? This is just depressing. I could never have imagined the Irish paying more than 20:1 against anybody. "What 'tho the odds be great or small..."

6 comments:

  1. Things to be thankful for!

    http://www.costumzee.com/view/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/Lynda-Carter---Wonder-Woman-Photograph-C101017261.jpeg

    there, that should make you feel better.

    and Notre Dame is no good!

    Worldisnotenough

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know man. I'm sure Ms. Carter is a lovely lady, but you know...

    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000FAL41O.01-ALVYE3T5WL0WT._SCLZZZZZZZ_V54920665_.jpg

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/loveanddestiny/nadiawonderwoman.jpg

    http://www.hirethings.co.nz/photo/image/1154/large/wonder.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. world said!

    you can't compare natural with store bought cosmetics and additions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll make a deal with you.

    Arrange for that collection of, um, individuals, to join me for an evening and I'll let you know just how they compare to one another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. World said!

    I'll get right on that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, an alternative view!

    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=490805

    World

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.