Tuesday, November 25, 2008

11/25/08

Any day involving Satan's Driveway is bound to test my patience. Today fell right in line. Actually, the slow stuff started before I even hit I-35 this time around. There was some kind of situation in Dallas on US-75. I'm not sure what exactly was going on, but the guys on the CB were indicating that the road had previously been closed. It was open when I got there but it was slow going.

Then we have the good old stretch from Dallas to Laredo. What is there to say, really? I did manage to yell at one lady loudly enough to give myself a bloody nose. That's pretty impressive I think. Austin was stopped for no apparent reason. Par for the course. San Antonio was down to one lane for construction. Par for the course. At least the left lane thing wouldn't have mattered too much today. Since I was so heavy I was forced just to grin and bear the slow spots. I couldn't really have accelerated into the left lane very often even if I had been allowed to do so.

After a break in Pearsall to calm myself down, I rolled into Laredo nice and late at night. I deliver any time after 9am tomorrow just down the road from here. I'm #55 on the board, so I have no idea what to expect. I guess the Mexicans probably don't celebrate Thanksgiving so Thursday might not be a total loss if I'm still here. There still could be freight coming across the border. Maybe? I don't know. Let's just hope they move me by tomorrow. That would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.