Monday, November 24, 2008

11/24/08

I think we're off to a pretty good start for the week. I made the last bit of the trip to my consignee this morning and didn't encounter much traffic. As I pulled into the parking lot I got a pre-plan for my next load, so things were pointing in the right direction. The grumpy peckerhead there had me unloaded in about fifteen minutes and I was back on the road.

I had to bounce to the east about eighty miles or so and make a pickup in Eddyville and then head for Laredo. Away from the arctic air = bueno. At the shipper, I was once again in and out within fifteen minutes. Can't beat that. I took U.S. highways for the most part today, with a few little stretches on the interstates sprinkled in. All told I made pretty good time, getting to Checotah, Oklahoma with around twenty minutes to spare on my 11 hour clock.

I'm due in Laredo by Wednesday afternoon, but it looks like I can get there tomorrow if I stay on the road all day. I would prefer to do so, since I have no idea what the freight situation will look like down there going into a holiday. Hopefully arriving tomorrow will enable me to get out of town by Wednesday. In any case I'll be over 1,200 miles for the week by Tuesday night, with hours available to work. So far, so good.

4 comments:

  1. Checotah! home of Carrie Underwood. also the home of my family! I want to retire there! Enjoy!

    Worldisnotenough

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean no offense to you, but I would prefer that Ms. Underwood welcome me personally next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?

    My welcome is not good enough?

    worldisnotenough

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.