Saturday, October 18, 2008

10/18/08

To quote the immortal Keith Jackson: "Whoa Nellie." That's enough of this driving all day nonsense. Another 650 miles down, 480 left for tomorrow. Aside from a major snafu in Memphis, things rolled along pretty smoothly today. I guess I could have avoided that mess and taken the loop around Memphis if I were inclined to turn on my CB. No such luck though. Otherwise, all good. Speed limit through Nashville. Mostly speed limit through Knoxville. I had to fight my way out of there, but I got through in one piece. I guess that other orange-clad bunch of hooligans had a home game tonight. There was quite an exodus leaving town as I passed through.

This reminds me that I haven't checked in on the Fulmer Cup in quite some time. Apparently Nick Saban and the boys managed to bring it home this year. Tennessee finished in a disappointing tie for tenth place. You would think that the award's namesake could do better. Maybe Fulmer's gang will get a jumpstart on the 2009 edition. A good armed robbery or two should have them off and running.

So we put a pretty little bow on another pay week. 2,953 miles plus $19 in northeast pay. You won't hear me complaining about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.