Friday, October 17, 2008

10/17/08

Whatever man. Just review any old post about me leaving Laredo and going up I-35. Same shit, different day. I wonder what would happen if a nuclear detonation were to occur accidentally, taking out everything from Austin to Georgetown. All the radiation and dead people would pretty much suck, but at least they could start the freeway over from scratch. And maybe allow trucks in the left lane, just for kicks.

Gurdon is once again my home for the night. So that's a nice 670 mile chunk of this trip gone on the first day. I guess we'll see if I can put in another long one tomorrow and set myself up for a slightly lighter schedule on Sunday. Yeah, we'll see.

So... yeah... I went to sleep last night when Tampa Bay was winning 7-0 or something like that. What the hell? I actually try to get some rest like a good adult and I miss the fireworks. Since I really have no dog in the fight, I must admit that I would be intrigued to see Boston vs. Philly. That would have to be, without a doubt, the most bitter and miserable matchup of fan bases in the history of professional sports. In Boston, they boo the priest at a funeral. In Philly, they boo the dead dude at the funeral. If one of them were to get swept or something, I don't know, it might be fun to watch the fans wallowing in their misery. Maybe it's just me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.