Monday, October 13, 2008

10/13/08

Yep. Headed to Laredo. I made my drop this morning with quite a bit less fanfare than I encountered my last time in Mount Juliet. No Border Patrol seal, no rent-a-cop conference, and no delays. I pulled around the corner into a vacant lot to park once I was empty. By the time I walked over to Wendy's and had some lunch, I was assigned to my next load.

Almost the same as last time. Instead of Clarksville, I was picking up in Cumberland City, a little further to the south. Otherwise I was on essentially the same route as before. Once I checked in, I had to sit around for a couple of hours as the local P&D guys came and went. Then it was my turn and I was loaded fairly quickly. 9,000 pounds - groovy.

Down through the hills on TN-13 and onto I-40 west was the route this evening. I ain't gonna lie to you. I was tempted to head back to Carlisle and look for some trouble. Your don has learned a thing or two over the years though. In my case, the best way to deal with temptation is simply to stay as far away as possible. Plus I was pretty tired from sitting around at the shipper all afternoon. I really didn't feel like driving late into the night, so I've pulled into the West Memphis terminal and put my feet up. From here I'll have the traditional two driving segments to Laredo, stopping in Lancaster tomorrow night.

I just looked at the football game hoping to see the Brady Quinn show. Apparently Derek Anderson is good this week though. Oh well. At least the Giants might lose and keep the Skins within half a game.

I'll be in Laredo on Wednesday night with 1,159 miles on the books. That's a decent enough start to the week I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.