Thursday, October 16, 2008

10/16/08

Think I can make you slightly uncomfortable tonight? If you answered 'yes,' you win...






Holy smokes. And I thought the mantyhose thing was bizarre.

So... in the ongoing saga of 'how many stupid assed ways can my employer find to wake me up in the morning?'... Today I got a beep saying that I should please deliver my loaded trailer to the broker. Yeah. No shit. I was planning on it... after the broker opened at 9am, not 8am when they sent the message. Dicks.

So I made my drop and headed down to WalMart to exploit a few more underpaid and underinsured victims of corporate greed. Hey, razor blades for three bucks? Hahaha, no extra sick days for those poor suckers.

Then it was back to the yard to sit... and sit... and sit. I was #53 when I went to bed last night, #49 when the jagoffs woke me this morning, #47 after I made my drop, and #40 at 3:45pm today. Then apparently someone turned on the flux capacitor. Within an hour and a half, I was up to #6. An hour later I was called to the magic window.

Looks like we're heading to the Keystone State in the morning. That will kick my week up over the $1,100 level, which seems to be the recent baseline. Beauty. There was one run that was a little longer, but no. It had to leave between 1am and 5am tomorrow, then deliver by 5am Monday. Despite what the peckerheads who send the satellite messages seem to think, I'm not what you would call a morning person. The Pennsylvania run can leave after 8am tomorrow and deliver at any time on Monday. That'll do.

Guess we're watching baseball tonight.

4 comments:

  1. That video will give me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I'm really starting to be concerned for you. What exactly we're you searching for when you found that?
    A transvestite midget? Disturbing my brother, distrubing.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.