Friday, September 5, 2008

9/5/08

Nice cloudy weather in Arkansas today. I got more sleep than I thought I would get. Usually the dreaded greenhouse effect wakes me up once the sun rises. Not today, since there was no sunshine. So I got rolling late in the day. It turns out that the timing was pretty good in that sense. I got to the Dallas area late at night and avoided traffic for the entire route.

So it looks like I have a decent TV signal here. [Have a very merry, extraordinary, KXAS Christmas... Kinda weird the things you remember from when you were a kid...] My new computer has a TV tuner card that is actually pretty cool. I don't watch much television, but you know what tomorrow is... Our Lady's glorious defenders of truth and virtue are on a mission from God. Human sacrifice is an abomination and the Aztecs must be vanquished! Wasting a bunch of good virgins might be the worst thing any civilization could ever do. Have no fear though, the lads are pumped up and ready to do battle. (Plus SDSU lost to a 1-AA team last week, but you know...)

I'll hang out here and watch the game and then roll onward down Satan's Driveway. I should get through late at night so I'll hope for a break in the traffic. Probably construction though...

2 comments:

  1. "Break in the traffic" and I-35 in Austin don't go together. But your optimism should be commended, especially when it comes to Notre Dame football.

    Greg

    GO HORNS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. traffic should be light, contruction mon-thurs, according to the signs, going both ways. The drive from laredo to lancaster wasnt too bad this morning (well to waco this morning, then a nap, then to lancaster) just watch out in austin, they were shutting down lanes earlier this week without signs, just using crusiers to do it(must be a texas thing, not to clearly mark when there is planned construction...)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.