Thursday, September 4, 2008

9/4/08

Ahh, that was a pretty relaxing day. Since I have limited hours available to me, I decided break up the trip and stop at CTL terminals for the next couple of nights. This means that I am able to fall asleep at whatever ridiculous hour my brain decides to shut down and sleep through the morning. Since I know that there will be a parking space waiting for me, I don't have any particular timeline to follow. That's more my style than getting up early and trying to sleep on a schedule.

So I got rolling around noon and took my preferred route through Western Kentucky and down US-51 into Memphis. I didn't really hit any traffic at all today and, aside from a couple of brief rain showers, the weather was pretty nice. The only bad part was that the Skins lost, but you know, just giving the rest of the NFC East a head start. I'll go to Lancaster tomorrow and then Laredo on Saturday.

I decided to scrap that third workout for a while and get more of the core lifts done each week. So...
[Workout A]
Incline Press - Kept same weights, added one rep
French Press - Kept same weights, added two reps
Side Lateral - Kept same weights, added one rep
Seated Calf Raise - Kept same weights, added five reps
Squat - Added ten pounds to each set, kept same reps

What the hell is that? Starting to make actual progress? How do we explain this? Dunno. Maybe I got the fee-vah and the only prescription is more barra-freaking-cuda. Or maybe I'm just starting to get back into shape a little bit. Seriously though, as much of a snoozer as I find him to be, the old guy gave me goosebumps with the last minute and a half of his speech tonight. When was the last time someone got fired up about what we can do as Americans? 1980 maybe? I had just gotten so used to hearing how bad things suck and how we pathetic losers need to be rescued that I found tonight refreshing. I still like the chick better though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.