Tuesday, September 2, 2008

9/2/08

See that house-looking building there? Yeah, it really is a house. It has been converted to office space, but you know, it's a house. That's where my employer sent me this morning. See those cars along the sides of the street? Yeah, those are parking spaces. See what looks like one lane running down the middle? Yeah, that's the street. I suppose that someone might not be inclined to drive a tractor-trailer on that street. Don't be fooled when people say that these companies shouldn't make drivers pass an obstacle course in order to be hired. And thus began my day...

The lady in the house/office asked me what I was delivering. She seemed to think that I was the UPS guy or something. Oh, just thirty pallets of stuff. I imagine we can just pile it on your desk, right? So she gave me the address of the warehouse to which I was supposed to deliver. Google maps came in handy and I headed across town. Here's the real location. See the loading docks? That's always a good sign.

One of my colleagues was sitting on the little side street when I got there, so I gave him the new directions and we both went to the warehouse to make our deliveries. I was #1 when I got empty and he was ahead of me. This must have meant that he got an assignment almost immediately, so I was optimistic about my chances of getting back to work fairly quickly. It took an hour or so, but that ain't too bad.

I had to make a quick jog up to Edison by 3pm, so I had time to stop for a delicious slice of Sbarro pizza along the way. I was still quite early for my appointment though. This meant that I got to hang out at the shipper for a few hours. From there I was headed to Pittsburgh, right down on the riverfront. We've seen this movie before. The second time around was obviously easier since I knew where I was going. The traffic was nice and light tonight and the drive was fairly enjoyable. Listening to the news coverage along the way, I suddenly feel like I may have a crush on a guy named Fred... But then that VP nominee chick is pretty hot... Just one more issue that I'll have to work through on my own I guess.

My delivery time for tomorrow is 9:30am, as opposed to 6am the last time. Maybe there will be an open parking space over here once I'm empty in the morning. Maybe not. I did get some nice cool weather for a workout tonight...

[Workout B]
One-arm Row - Added ten pounds to each set, kept same reps
Curl - Kept same weights, added one rep
Front Lateral - Added five pounds to each set, lost two reps
Stiff-legged Deadlift - Same weights and reps
Hammer Curl - Kept same weights, lost one rep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.