Wednesday, September 3, 2008

9/3/08

That place in Pittsburgh is freaking crazy. I had aluminum cans this time, as opposed to whatever food items I was hauling last time. So today I was sent to a different set of docks. At first I was glad not to have to go around the back and into that tiny alley again. Then I saw today's dock area. Incredible.

While I was at the dock, I received my next load assignment. When you don't have anywhere to park, a pre-planned load is always welcome. Second verse, same as the first. Just like last time, I had to head up to Hermitage and grab a load (of aluminum cans, funny) headed for Laredo. Just like last time, I was early. Just like last time, I was at the shipper for a while. Just like last time, I got down a little way past Columbus and decided to call it a night.

That 34-hour restart that I got in Laredo over the weekend is starting to evaporate in a hurry. My fresh 70 hours are now down to 22, so I will have to use just about all of them in order to get to Laredo. We'll have to see how things play out from there. I'm putting in for home time when I get to the terminal. At 2,131 miles plus some northeast and holiday pay, the week has been a pretty decent one so far. On the odd chance that I get one more dispatch before midnight on Saturday, this will be one of the better holiday weeks that I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.