Saturday, May 3, 2008

5/3/08

This 400-mile per day pace is definitely the way to go, as far as the OTR job is concerned. I haven't set an alarm since I left home. I just wake up and get moving whenever the mood strikes me. Then, since I don't have to deal with any customers or work long hours, I can stop whenever the mood strikes me and it's still early enough to find parking. I knocked out a little over 400 miles today and got to Montgomery, where I've stopped at the damn T/A for the night. This place is a pain in the ass, but I got here early enough to grab a spot so I guess it's all good.

Tomorrow brings a 340 mile drive to Port Wentworth, where I'll set up ahead of my Monday morning drop. I've been to the Pilot in Port Wentworth and it's not the roomiest place, but hopefully I'll find a spot tomorrow afternoon. Monday morning I have to get up early and drop by 8am, but not tomorrow. One more day without an alarm... gotta love it while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.