Friday, May 2, 2008

5/2/08

Another 400 miles, another nice day of work. The dude on the news updates kept saying there was bad weather in my neck of the woods, but I never saw it. The way the wind has been waking me up at night, it wouldn't surprise me if some nasty stuff was around, but maybe my timing has just been good. I cruised out of Texas and on to Minden, Louisiana today. From here I'll have another 775 miles to my destination, so another couple of light days lie ahead. I'm parked facing due west, so maybe the wind won't rock my truck so badly tonight.

The Pistons, Red Wings, and Tigers are all doing a great job of delaying the inevitability of my wrongful prediction. Gotta love that. That hockey game may have been the worst NHL ass-kicking I've ever seen.

Oh, no UPS pay today. Corksoakers. I, for one, would be thoroughly embarrassed if I were unable to pay an employee $17.50 within three months of his having earned it. I guess that's just me.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you need to park that truck and go on strike until they get you your UPS money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on now. You and I both know I'm not getting that $17.50. I was told more than a few times that it was coming, which is the only reason it pisses me off.

    I got a day of layover pay once, way back when, for no apparent reason at all. That $60 that I didn't earn would easily trump the $17.50 that I did earn, if only someone could man up and say, "Yeah we blew it. Your money isn't coming. Sorry about that."

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.