Wednesday, April 30, 2008

4/30/08

I woke up this morning and found that my trailer still was not there, just like I expected... err... feared... err... whatever. It wasn't there. So I sent another message to Joplin. This time though, I got a useful reply and an effective response. How 'bout them apples?

They said that the planned trailer hadn't made it into our fine country yet, so they put me on a different load. This one was in fact sitting on the yard, which makes it all that much nicer. I'm now headed to Port Wentworth, Georgia for a Monday morning delivery. Since I had zero miles before this run, and this run will use up the rest of my week, the week won't be a great one. Without the benefit of being able to re-write the last couple of days though, I guess this is as good as I could hope for. 2,015 miles and all the way to the east coast is about as good as it was going to get coming out of Nogales.

The 400 mile per day pace of this run is just about ideal for me. If that could be every day out here, I think I would like my job a lot better. No real long hours, no real short hours, no 70 hour rule, decent pay, etc. So that's what I'll be running through the weekend, around seven or eight hours each day. I stopped at our yard on the east side of El Paso to cool my heels for tonight. I guess tomorrow I'll shoot for somewhere around Abilene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.