Sunday, April 27, 2008

4/27/08

You know what happens when you almost hit a goose at 65mph? He shits all over your truck. Just FYI.

I'm officially starting to think something's up. This was the third long day of driving since an extended stint at home. This was the third day without taking a break. This was the third day that I didn't get tired or distracted. Who am I and what happened to the real driver of this truck? I even reviewed my intended route before I started driving today. Crazy.

Today was the best leg of this particular journey. From just west of Tulsa, across Oklahoma, through the Texas panhandle, angling down from Amarillo through the cowtowns on the way to Roswell. Light traffic, good roads, pretty flat terrain; Good stuff. Tomorrow I have to head into the mountains. Since this load is only 18,000 pounds it shouldn't be too bad.

The customer has overnight parking so I intend to get there tomorrow evening and spend the night. This load is due into Nogales at 4:25am MT Tuesday. I have no idea what the hell that's all about, but I guess it's nothing new. I think Nogales is a 24 hour crossing, so maybe someone is actually going to take this thing into Mexico before the sun comes up. Whatever. It's 6:25am for me, so that ain't so bad.

For now it's a beautiful night so I guess I'll go see if I can find some trouble.

2 comments:

  1. Nogales is definitely not 24x7 crossing. That is just how they dispatched. Border opens after 7am.

    Worldisnotenough

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'll most likely set my alarm for 4:15 and wake up to find that nobody is there? Another day in the life...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.