Sunday, May 4, 2008

5/4/08

That was a pretty sweet ride today. I had some interstates, some two lanes, some four lanes, a few towns, some 65mph zones, some 55mph zones, lots of nice scenery, and almost no traffic. This load is only 9,000 pounds so the hills were no trouble. I started up I-85 out of Montgomery, then took US-80 across into Georgia. From there I stayed on GA-96 through the middle of the state until I caught up with I-16 on into Savannah. I lived in Georgia briefly when I was a kid, but I didn't get down south too much at the time. The peach groves and plantations are pretty cool down there.

Any time I start driving at 9:45am and finish driving at 3:45pm, you can probably imagine how well that suits my work ethic. Afternoon baseball on the radio was a nice bonus as well. My customer is a couple miles down the road, so I won't have far to go in the morning. So that's that. I know I'm technically a truck driver so I should come up with something to bitch about, but there's just nothing there. Life is pretty damn good at the moment. Tomorrow may change that, but we'll just have to see. I'll be situated pretty well with my available hours, so hopefully I can kick off a good week in terms of miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.