Sunday, September 26, 2010

9/26/10

The folks at Starter usually make some pretty decent athletic apparel.  I was never into some of the jackets and track suits that the homies like to wear, but I've bought my share of Starter gear over the years.  Case in point - I got some new underwear a few days ago.  They're the boxer-brief hybrid sort of thingies.  I tend to find boxers to be more comfortable for casual wear, but they come up a little short in terms of securing my pecker and nads during a workout.  Regular briefs aren't very comfortable to me, plus I think they look a little... I don't know... something.

So anyhow, there I was at the gym tonight.  I actually had a bit of an unintentional wardrobe coordination going for me, now that I think about it - Starter sweats and Starter drawers.  Most of my sweatpants are Champion brand, but I have a few pairs of Starters in the rotation.  Tonight's t-shirt was made by some other company whose logo I don't recognize.  So anyhow, like I said, there I was.  During my customary warmup on the treadmill, I noticed that I didn't really like the way the new undies were 'riding,' so to speak.  Like a good little trooper though, I just continued along.  Then it was time to hit the weights.

Shoulder night tonight.  Hooray.  I assume that it's because I worked all day before heading to the gym, but for some reason that 110lb. barbell felt awfully heavy during my first set of upright rows.  My shoulders were screaming for mercy and I hadn't entirely caught my breath from the treadmill session yet, so I decided to sit down and relax for a minute between sets.  And that's when it happened.  My left nut got positioned incorrectly against the left leg portion of my pretty new undies.  Instead of sitting squarely in the middle of the little ball holder region of the apparel, it was off doing it's own thing.  As I sat down and the fabric shifted to accomodate my changing position... oy!  That really fucking hurt.  There's not really any indication that I'll be trying to father any children in the foreseeable future, but hopefully the option still exists.  Just in case I meet that elusive wealthy broad or something.

The rest of the workout, after some recuperation from the incident, went solidly.  When it's terribly difficult for me to remove my shirt or to wash my head in the shower once I'm finished, we can be sure that it was a good shoulder workout.

Work was pretty solid today as well.  I pulled two loads, each with only two stops.  The first trailer took me to two stores in Saginaw.  Then the second trailer took me to Brighton and Grand Blanc.  No issues on either load really, other than the fact that the teenage lass receiving the delivery in Grand Blanc caught me chuckling to myself.  When pressed for a reason, I gave the obligatory "nothing" in response.  I didn't have the heart to tell the poor girl that I'm pretty sure I married her 13 years ago.  Back then I was dumb enough to think it was fine for a gal to bitch at anyone and everything, as long as she was nice to me.  Now I know better.  One of these days, some poor sucker is going to wish I had been around to warn him about this girl in Grand Blanc.  A milk delivery is clearly not a long term commitment though, so I just enjoyed my little chuckle as she complained about everyone and everything.  Then I got the hell out of there while I still found her amusing.  Good deal.

As I wind down this night, it just occurred to me that I have to return my rental car tomorrow.  Since my own car isn't due back in my possession until some point later in the week, I suppose I'll have to pony up some more dough and get another week's rental.  And I have a bunch of dirty laundry too, just for kicks.  Something about this employment by day and training by night nonsense seems to make me burn through clean clothes in a hurry.  Fun times on the good old day off, to be sure.

Did the Redskins really lose today?  Wow.  They really are still good and shitty, eh?  They fit right in with my other chosen programs.  Tigers just over .500 for the year.  Notre Dame probably gonna be around .500 for the year... if they're lucky.  And now these guys.  The Wings will always make the playoffs though, and nobody can take that from me.

2 comments:

  1. my seahawks won for christmas we are taking my girls to see the wings and canucks in January. Had to take a loan out against the house for those tickets

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's one unusual thing about the bad economy here in the Midwest. Hockey tickets in Detroit have actually gotten cheaper over the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.