Thursday, September 30, 2010

9/30/10

Dude.  I'm all in favor of everyone having delusions of grandeur and such.  Lord knows I try to gin up a few of my own every now and then.  That being said, did The One™ really compare his legislative agenda to the freeing of the slaves?  Why yes, it appears that he did.  I'm the unwashed rube and he's the Harvard man, so maybe he's right, but I don't know man.  Immense deficit spending with no tangible results to show = 500,000 dead Americans who fought for the most basic of human rights?  I'm sticking with my 'delusions of grandeur' assessment for now.

No delusions about my day though.  It was pretty dull.  Some sleep, some reading, some lunch, some more reading, some more sleep, some dinner, some weight training, some cardio, some more reading, and now some typing.  But hey, it took time to write War and Peace, right?  Maybe I'm working on something major... or whatever.

One load tomorrow, three stops, afternoon pull, pretty typical sort of Friday I suppose.  We'll have to see if that mechanic fella calls before I head to the office.

3 comments:

  1. a while go you a had a blog for labour day Here is the one I mentioned its called the shut down blues. It can be found on Youtube. It's about the boilermakers and pipefitters and welders in the oilsands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw A Quickway truck Friday at 12:30 PM on 131 north of M6,was that you? I live and work in greater Grand Rapids area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We send four or five trucks a day out to Grand Rapids. M-6 west to US-131 north to (I think) 28th street. Haven't been out there in a while myself though. I was scheduled for one of those runs last week but it didn't pan out.

    I'll check the old YouTube at some point here. Gotta get to bed for now though.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.