Saturday, September 18, 2010

9/18/10

I suppose that we can almost always find silver linings in our clouds as long as we care to look.  I may not be able to watch much football this season, but at least I haven't had to see the shit sandwiches that my Irish keep serving up.  For those of you who care to note such things, this is not a surprise to me.  Fucking amateur hour, brought to you by our latest amateur coach.  Last week we passed up an easy field goal at the end of the first half, instead choosing to let our third string quarterback throw the ball into the stands as time expired.  Football for Dummies - Chapter One.

This week we wasted thirty seconds after a fumble that had been ruled an incomplete pass, failing to snap the ball before the replay guys can chime in and take the ball away.  Football for Dummies - Chapter Two.  We went for it on fourth and 2 in our own territory instead of punting the ball and giving Michigan State a long field.  Of course we failed to convert and they got the ball in our territory.  Football for Dummies - Chapter Three.  After somehow managing to get the ball back after an exchange of punts, we didn't try to get into field goal range and win the game.  Instead we played for overtime, even though our defense couldn't stop my grandmother.  Football for Dummies - Chapter Four.  After our defense managed to make a huge play for perhaps the first time in ten years, forcing a long field goal attempt, we were caught unprepared and lost the game on a fake.  Football for Dummies - Chapter Five.

Another silver lining issue was that of detention pay.  After my first stop in Grand Blanc I was heading down US-23 toward Howell when I blew a drive tire.  It took almost three hours for me to get rolling again.  That pretty much sucked, but at least it'll tack around fifty bucks onto the old paycheck.  It was a nuisance to have to wait, and it caused some scheduling issues for me in terms of tomorrow, but a buck is a buck.  I'll take it where I can get it.

Tomorrow will bring my typical Sunday run to Flint and Saginaw.  I was scheduled to pull at 12:15pm but, since I got delayed so much tonight, I'll have to start at 1pm.  Even though my last two stops went quickly and easily, I didn't finish my shift until just before 3am.  Ten hours of down time are mandated by the feds, so 1pm it is.  I made sure to hit the weights as aggressively as possible but didn't want to be at the gym all night, so I scaled back my cardio work.  Now at least I have a sporting chance to get a little sleep before I head back to work.  The actual process of getting to sleep might be another story entirely, but we'll give it a shot.

3 comments:

  1. That was quite the play to end the game... just turned on the tube to watch it! Alas the MSU head coach had a heart attack after the "gutsy call" (according to Brian Kelly).

    My Kountry Breakfast Stout got another Honorable Mention at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. Lots of lusty looking wenches to ogle ;)

    A tip: You could check out Liberty Street Brewing off Exit 28 off 275... its near your Novi workout site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the honor. I'll have to try one of those creations of yours sooner or later.

    Exit 28 is duly noted. Honestly though, I hardly ever drink anymore. I pop into Meijer and grab a six pack just before 2am every now and then, but that's about it.

    Quite the play...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. He really had a heart attack? I thought you were speaking figuratively.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.