Sunday, September 12, 2010

9/12/10

I'm having trouble trying to sleep
I'm counting sheep but running out
As time ticks by
And still I try
No rest for crosstops in my mind

On my own... here we go



My eyes feel like they're gonna bleed
Dried up and bulging out my skull
My mouth is dry
My face is numb
fucked up and spun out in my room



On my own... here we go

With a day off scheduled for tomorrow and a bunch of laundry that needs to be done, I had this bright idea that I would finish work before midnight, knock out a quick session at the gym, and get to bed by 2am tonight.  This way I wouldn't waste half my day off by sleeping late into the afternoon.

I got done with my second trailer just before midnight.  So far, so good.  My subsequent workout was every bit as intense as it should be, but I wouldn't call it quick.  I got out to my car and headed toward home at 2:30am.  Oy.  And now here I sit, watching night turn into morning.  I'll get to bed pretty soon here, but there's not much chance that I'll get an early start on my day off.  Bummer.

Apparently ole Uncle Joe did okay with the birthday gift selection for little Madasyn.  I got a note from my sister saying that my niece was pretty excited to try out her fashion design kit.  (It's basically just a silk screen, but 'fashion design' sounds more fun.)  She put together the following arrangement on one of the shirts that I included.
Birds on the left, butterflies on the right.  I dig it.  Sort of a brightly colored reflection on nature or something.  She decided that she wants to wear her new shirt to school tomorrow, and tank tops are not allowed, so that's where the pink t-shirt comes into the equation.  Overall, I must say that she did a pretty impressive job for a seven year old.  Also overall, I must say that maybe I don't need any women around to do my shopping after all.  As Forrest Gump would say - "Good.  That's one less thing..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.