Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11/10

So it's basically one of the shittiest dates in American history.  Of course we all got tired of thinking about it somewhere along the way and decided to pretend like those 14th century savages were just misunderstood, but that's just what we do around here.  We give people the benefit of the doubt as long as it helps us to feel like forgiving souls.  Err, I mean... we actually overreacted (or something).  Sure thing, jackass.  Eventually our eagerly supplied 'benefit of the doubt' will lead to widespread death and destruction.  Take my word for it.

I have no dignity and very little sensitivity, so I'm not above adding that today is also one of the shittiest dates in Notre Dame history.  ♫ "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..."♫  The offense shows signs of dominance but it relies heavily on a great quarterback.  In his absence the offense becomes... well... offensive.  The opponent carves up the defense until the offense gets all of its starters back and mounts a late rally.  Then the defense gives up the go-ahead score in the waning seconds of the game and we fans sit here like pathetic losers trying to figure out what should have been done differently.

I also delivered some milk today.  My FloTV was nice to have.  Two more trailers tomorrow.  Bah.

2 comments:

  1. I was ready to throw a brick through the TV at the start of the second half. If the ND QB had been in the whole game it would have been a bloodbath.

    But then remember the Woulda Coulda Shoulda ... famous extinct Indian tribe.

    Thought about you at the Kroger early last week when I saw your company's truck in Owosso after they let my wife out of the hospital (diagnoses Diabetes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the Mrs. is doing well now that you've gotten the news and figured everything out.

    Those 'what if' scenarios have become all too common for my Irish in recent years, but that 95 yard touchdown pass to put them ahead was simply amazing. It would have been interesting to see what Crist could do with a full game against that depleted secondary.

    Haven't been to Owosso in a while. With all of my trips to Flint in recent weeks, I'm surprised that they haven't sent me across M-21 once or twice. You just never know with those dairy people. They're an interesting bunch.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.