Thursday, September 9, 2010

9/9/10

The man crush that refuses to die... (This doesn't make me gay, right?)


As a proud union member (or whatever) I'm probably supposed to think that Governor Christie is a real piece of garbage. I just can't manage to see it that way. Bummer.

Today brought a shareholders' meeting at the office, so that was somewhat interesting. The content of the discussion was actually rather mundane, but it was amusing to me that the suits felt the need to explain such things as the need to keep accurate logs and avoid rear-end accidents. I'm trying to avoid the temptation to draw premature conclusions here, but I get the sense that I work amongst a fairly myopic gang of drivers. CSA 2010 earned a lot of air time, as I'm sure those of you in the trucking industry could imagine.

After the meeting was over, I needed to knock out a chest workout before heading over to my parents' house for dinner. I decided to go ahead and drive out to Commerce Township again and give that place a try. (I did manage to remember my gym bag this morning.) The Commerce location turned out to be a little nicer than the Canton location, but not quite as nice as the Novi one. Perhaps this knowledge will prove useful at some point in the future. Perhaps it won't. I don't know. Novi is set to open for business after midnight tomorrow night.

I got my voicemail from the dispatcher this afternoon, laying out tomorrow's schedule. I'll have a two-stop load going to Lapeer and Imlay City followed by another two-stop load going to two stores in Monroe. We like two-stop loads here at Fenian Godfather Inc., so I have no complaints. Deep down inside I think we all knew that there wasn't going to be a Tennessee run this weekend.

Mom made lasagna for dinner and I got to visit with my sister's kids for a while. Pretty good evening, I suppose. Not too sure that the birthdays are worth celebrating at this point, but at 10:10am tomorrow we'll be able to check one more off the list.

In trying to decide how to wrap up tonight's post, I can't help falling back to my persistent man crush. A little over twenty minutes, during which I'm pretty sure I knew what message to expect, and what did I do? I watched the whole damned thing. Maybe there's hope yet, even for a cynic like me...


For those of you less inclined to view twenty minutes of right-wing racism and hatred (or whatever they call it these days), I propose that you buckle down and check out five minutes of this dude from Ohio. Awesome.


Can't figure out where you've seen this guy before? Oh... I'll bet you can if you try. You may have seen him in a van down by the river..

4 comments:

  1. Palin - Davidson 2012

    How is that for a birthday wish?



    Sorry, that's all I could afford tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as Mr. Davison promises to campaign from a van down by the river, you can count me in.

    He does have a MASTER'S DEGREE in... COMMUNICATION!!! after all.

    (Really I just have a crush on Mrs. Palin though.)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.