Tuesday, September 7, 2010

9/7/10

In a world where guys like me are always posting links to stupid information that they find on the internet (ahem, ladies... just so you know), it's worth noting when something worthwhile comes across the computer screen.  This one from Marco Rubio is an excellent read.  No kidding.

I'm also compelled to share my first day's experience as a FloTV customer.  In short - I'm pretty impressed.  I drove to Target when I got out of bed yesterday, dropped my $133 (after redeeming a $25 gift card), then came home and put the thing on the charger.  I opted for one year of service at $99 instead of doing the $15 monthly bit.  If they go bankrupt, then I guess I lose.  Otherwise it is quite a bit cheaper to pay that year in advance.

After about ten minutes, my account was active and I started watching various channels.  Even in my apartment, which can be a bit of a black hole for cell phone and television signals, I got uninterrupted service on my little TV.  (And I do mean little.  About the size of an old iPod Touch or something like that.)  At 5:15pm, I unplugged the unit and brought it with me as I went to buy groceries for my Labor Day cookout.  The broadcast continued without interruption as I drove around.  Good deal.  The manufacturer claims that the battery will last up to five hours on a single charge, so I wanted to see for myself.  I left the TV running non-stop for the rest of the night.  At 2:30am it finally quit.  That's over nine hours.  Dude.

I wasn't feeling too thrilled about getting out of bed this morning, but apparently I still have to earn my own living.  Probably shouldn't have finished off those beers before I went to bed.  My day of work turned out to be pretty easy though, so it wasn't so bad.  I had stops in Flint, Essexville, and Bay City.  No major traffic issues and no major delivery issues arose, so I have no complaints.

In point of fact, I finished a little too early, so I had to kill some time before heading over to the gym.  There's plenty of equipment for everyone to use at that place.  I'm pretty sure that you could get a workout in even during the peak hours, but I have a severe distaste for shithead teenagers so I prefer to wait for them to clear out before I get started.  Once I got going my shoulder workout was brief and intense, just the way it ought to be.

Tomorrow is looking like another relatively easy day at the office.  I have one run (so far) with stops in Saginaw, Bridgeport, and Frankenmuth.  It's twenty miles shorter than today's run was, so consequently it pays ten dollars less.  Otherwise it's a pretty similar deal.  Probably seven hours or so if nothing goes wrong.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.