Saturday, April 24, 2010

4/24/10


It wasn't exactly a sunny day in South Bend, but we got us some football, by golly.  By the time we got into the stadium, the Blue team was already ahead by a score of 7-0.  I promptly wagered a dollar on the Gold team.  They had the better linemen, as nearly as I could tell, and linemen win football games.  Following the Gold team's 27-19 victory, I forgot to collect my dollar.  The allure of a cooler full of beer and sausages was simply overpowering.

I didn't get a fast enough stream to watch the Tigers tonight, but there's plenty of cold beer so I really don't care.  I'm a pretty simple dude.  Back home tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a stream to watch the 'Wings play? Free would give you extra credit... everywhere else I went wanted at least $19.95. They were on NBC yesterday and unless we're within 200 miles of Arizona we don't get local channels on our DirecTV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never pay for a video stream. Anything that I manage to watch when I'm away from home is free.

    Channelsurfing.net won't have tomorrow's listings until tomorrow, but you can bet that they'll have a link for the hockey game. They tend to use links to justin.tv or ustream.tv. Not the greatest quality, but watchable in most cases. And they play in your browser so there's usually no software to download (unless they link to a site using one of the newer flash potocols).

    Similarly, the guys at Streamtorrent, in case you happen to see someone using that one. Tvants is fine. TVU and Sopcast seem to be less in favor these days. Assuming that you're on a cellular connection, the medium and lower bitrates are the only ones worth trying. If you're out in the sticks, not even those ones will work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something got lost in the posting process, but I was trying to refer to the guys who post the streams at myp2p.eu. For various reasons, they usually don't post links until the day of the game. Streamtorrent is one of the streaming clients that they use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty. I'll check them out. I'm on an unlimited sprint connection as well.. and it seems most streaming crap on here blows.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.