Thursday, April 22, 2010

4/22/10

During a phone conversation with my youngest brother, a few days before I was set to come off the road for a while, it occurred to me that the culinary arrangements for the weekend at Notre Dame hadn't yet been made.  It should come as no surprise to you that I find the act of tailgating to be far more enjoyable when I have handled the details myself.  Too many years of being the boss, I think.  Some things I just can't seem to shake, no matter how many miles I've logged behind the wheel.  And when you leave the tailgating arrangements to others, well, you know how that can go.

So I browsed through my recent e-mails and found a nice set of offers from Omaha Steaks.  Free shipping, decent prices, etc.  My brother liked the idea of boiling some sausages in beer and then grilling them this weekend, so I got some of those.  While I was at it, I threw in some pork cops, chicken breasts, steaks, burgers, and stuffed sole for a cookout to be held at the folks' house while I was still in town.  Tonight was cookout night and everyone ate his fill.  Even the reverand found time to stop by for a while after finishing his mother's memorial service.

We watched in stunned silence as Tim Tebow became the second quarterback drafted, leaving both McCoy and Clausen on the board.  This from the same organization that took Maurice Clarett in the second round a few years ago.  Could Denver be giving my Redskins a run for their money in terms of incompetence?  We'll have to see.  I've been surprised before but, given that they also decided to fire Shanahan and then my guys decided to hire him, I'm hoping that the Broncos are completely clueless.

Funeral tomorrow morning.  We'll see if it's true that my presence in a church can cause the walls to collapse.  I suspect that it's just a rumor.  I've been to church plenty of times before and nothing bad happened.  It has been a while though.  I think I've gotten worse.  We'll see.  Then, in a perfectly logical follow-up, it will be time to hit the road and behave badly for a couple of days.  At least Notre Dame is guaranteed to win this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.