Sunday, April 18, 2010

4/18/10

Sleeping until noon is always a decent way to start a day.  Of course, a handwritten note reminding yourself to call PNC isn't the best thing to find sitting next to your bed.  To tell you the truth though, the phone call wasn't all that bad.  I wasn't placed on hold, the girl spoke English as a first language, and my concerns were addressed promptly.  I can assure you that I don't have an identity worth stealing, but we'll have to see if someone tries anyway.

No luck on the motivation to head up to the yard and clean out my truck today.  Maybe tomorrow.  I did manage to drag my ass out to Walled Lake for some dinner with my buddy Jonathan and his parents.  So that was good.  Can't have the ole Godfather starving to death or anything, can we?

I stopped at a Chase ATM on my way back home, to deposit some checks that were in my stack of mail when I got home last night.  Since I'm putting PNC on probation for a while, I figured I might as well get used to that Chase account.  I had three checks - two for $5 each, from online focus groups and one for $6, from my state tax refund.  I guess I'm just behind the times or something, but I was impressed with how the ATM handled the transaction.  No envelope or anything like that.  I just inserted the stack of checks all at once.  It didn't matter that they were different sizes.  The machine sucked them in, made a few noises, and then told me that it had counted $16 in deposits.  'Press here to complete the transaction' and so on.  Pretty nifty.

That's a pretty productive Day 1 on the homefront... or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.