Monday, April 19, 2010

4/19/10

I was waiting to see how everything panned out before posting about this service, but I got my money today and everything seems legit, so here goes.  Before my last trip home, I ordered a new cell phone.  As has always been the case, I also received a little envelope asking me to donate my old cell phone for whatever purpose.  Also as has always been the case, I didn't donate my old cell phone to charity.  Usually I would just put the old phone on a shelf and forget about it.  This time around, I employed the services of a company called cexchange.com.  They had a little self-evaluation form that I filled out to assess the value of my phone.  For the one that I was replacing, the value was established at $20.68.  For my previous phone (non-working), the value was $2.76.  For the other phone that I found lying around on a shelf (also non-working), the value was $0.84.  Certainly not enough to make anyone rich, but there you had it.  A little over twenty bucks for old cell phones that served no useful purpose for me.

I submitted the form through the cexchange website, which then produced for me a pre-paid FedEx label.  I printed the label and attached it to a little cardboard box that I had sitting around.  Then, off to Kinkos.  The shipment was received in Texas a few days later and the waiting began.  The whole process took around a month, perhaps a little longer, but I finally got my money today.  A deposit was made to my PayPal account for the appraised value of the old cell phones.  I don't know if this information is useful to anyone or not, but you know, I'm all about saving the environment and recycling and so forth.  That place apparently will buy other old electronics from you, in addition to cell phones, but old cell phones are the only things that I have sent to them. 

Plus another post about how drunk I got tonight while watching the Tigers lose wouldn't have been very informative.  You know me.  I'm all about the dissemination of important information and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.