Saturday, April 17, 2010

4/17/10

Well, long drives home are what they are, but so far I'm beginning to wonder if I might have been less annoyed by staying on the road.  The Taylor terminal was overflowing with trucks and trailers at 1:30am when I rolled into town.  (1:30am is a half hour before last call, just for your reference.)  I had to circle back around and check with the dispatcher to make sure I wouldn't cause an international crisis by dropping my trailer in the hazmat area.  If not there, then I would have to leave it sitting in the middle of the yard.  There literally were no other spaces.  She said that the hazmat spot would be fine, so I backed all the way to the far end of the yard and made my drop.  Then, by the time I walked back to the front of the yard and drove to the nearest convenience store, I found a locked door.  Bastards.

I came home and found some awesome news in my mail, or rather in the mail that I don't have.  I was a National City banking customer when National City was acquired by PNC.  Last week, PNC sent out information on the changeover.  New account numbers, new debit card, new PIN, etc.  I got the information for my savings account, but not for my checking account.  Well that ain't cool.  I went to the PNC website and migrated my login from the National City website without any issues.  Then I looked at my account information.  My savings account had my home address listed correctly.  My checking account listed an address at which I haven't lived since 2005.  So there's a debit card, some paperwork with my account numbers, and a paper with my new PIN just drifting around out there.  Awesome.  Fortunately, that account serves largely as a conduit for my paychecks to move into other accounts, such that there is never a ton of money in it.  Unfortunately, there's a debit card, some paperwork with my account numbers, and a paper with my new PIN just drifting around out there!  Bastards.

The paperwork for my savings account says that I can call for service between 8am and 5pm tomorrow, so I guess we'll have to start there and see if there's a way to keep my money in my own hands.  I've already redirected my future paycheck deposits to a different checking account via the Con-way website, so my exposure should at least remain limited.  I was already going to have to update all of my investment and savings accounts with the new PNC routing number and so forth, so I guess I'll just spend some time attaching them to my new Chase account instead.  This hadn't been my intention when I opened the new account to get the free $100, but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

Once all of that is sorted out, assuming I can actually find the motivation, I need to drag everything out of my truck and subject it to the '1 month' test.  Anything that I haven't touched in the last month needs to be removed from the truck.  It's getting a little too cluttered in there.  I have the next eight days off though, so we won't be surprised if I just take it easy tomorrow instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.