Sunday, April 11, 2010

4/11/10

On the positive side of the ledger for today, I found a nice reliable video stream of the Tigers game.  They were basically getting killed for most of the game and then put on a ferocious rally to come back, eventually tying the score and then winning the game with two out in the bottom of the ninth.  I also found a video stream of the Red Wings game.  It was a tough back-and-forth affair that the Wings ultimately won in overtime.  I also found a video stream of final round coverage of the Masters.  I'm not a big Mickelson fan, but it was pretty cool that his wife was able to be there and celebrate the win with him, after all that she has been through.

On the negative side of the ledger, I had time to watch all three of those broadcasts... and a couple of movies... and a handful of assorted YouTube clips.  Yeah, one of those days.  I was #1 on the board after making my delivery this morning and heading over to the local truck stop in Buckeye.  I stayed at #1 all day until a little while ago.  Now, since nobody was kind enough to pass along my assignment earlier in the day, all of the truck stops are full and I'll just have to stay here until the crack of dawn.  My next pickup is scheduled for 7am in Miami, Arizona, around 120 miles from here.  Peckerheads.

I'm picking up at some kind of mining outfit so it's a pretty safe bet that I'll be pulling yet another wicked heavy load across to Illinois this week.  Another few days of shitty MPG and frustrating travels are probably in store.  Such is life.

5 comments:

  1. Well have fun with that trip up to Miami/Globe. You will be going through the Salt River Canyon again unless you do some back tracking. Hope you don't have to much weight in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I would have forgotten about that canyon but I recalled your mention of it on a previous visit down here. Now I have one more thing to look forward to. I'm 99 percent sure this is gonna be a heavy SOB. Picking up at what they call the "rod plant.". Probably not fishing rods, if I had to guess.

    Backtracking ain't my style though. I can tackle that sucker once every few years. No guts, no glory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get loads out of there about 50% of the time we're coming off of hometime. Always at least 44k in the box every time. Pretty drive through the canyon tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd prefer to leave the scenic drives for you guys then. This one is 45k and it was just about all my brakes could handle. I don't think I smoked 'em, but I know it was getting close.

    I posted that picture last week, so yeah, I guess you could say I changed it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.