Tuesday, April 13, 2010

4/13/10

It has been a common refrain on this blog that I am not a huge fan of driving anywhere near eleven hours on a given day.  I'm paid by the mile though, and it takes a lot of time to drive a lot of miles, so the conundrum persists.  Take heart though.  We finally may have found a way that I can get the money without doing the work.  In short, I need to move to England, get married, and have my wife start churning out some young'uns.  Better car than I drive now?  Yep.  Bigger TV than I've ever had, with cable (that I also don't have)?  Of course. Video game systems, a computer, and mobile phones.  Yes, yes, and yes.  And no taxes paid?  That's the ticket, baby.

Until I manage to embark on that new career though, I guess I'll just keep slugging out the miles.  I always seem to have enough money in the bank for a case of beer and that ain't half bad.  A steady 10.5 hours on the road today got me to Stroud, Oklahoma.  Battling the wind and the hills all day wasn't terribly frustrating this time around, since the traffic was fairly light and I had another afternoon ballgame on the radio.  From here I'll have another 500+ miles' worth of hilly terrain to cover tomorrow.  Then an evening of searching online for my British princess will be followed by an early morning delivery. 

(If any lovely ladies from across the pond are reading this post, ahem, you know what they say about bald dudes and testosterone.  And I'm a good cook too.  Help a brother out here.  It seems that my dream job in Denmark isn't quite what it used to be.)

5 comments:

  1. Well I hope your England wife is much nice to look at than the one in the article! And no need to look in England we have plenty of people who live off the state right here in the US!!!

    PS. Next time your in AZ...stop in and see my in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've met some hot British girls before. I know they exist. I'll need nine or ten kids too, so the little missus will have to be pretty young herself. And I may have some immigration issues since I'm not from the Middle East. I haven't worked out all the details obviously, but I don't think our welfare system is quite that generous... yet.

    Steve's mother misses me, doesn't she? I knew it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have faith in Hope & Change! Our welfare system will be there before you know it. Looking for a hot young american look at the Notre Dame games for a college gal!

    Oh, yeah as much as she misses me! If we could make you look like Jonathan I'm sure she would miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, find a nice American college girl. What could go wrong? LOL

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, if only we had some way of knowing how that story would turn out...

    A couple of regular comediennes, both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.